IELTS Vocabulary Expressions with time
Use a dictionary to check the meaning of the phrases in the box. Then complete sentences 1-11 with the correct phrase. by the time time-consuming took so long spend time at times the right time in time take your time save time lose track of time on time from time to time
1) I am not in regular contact with him; I just send him an email from time to time.from time to time = sometimes but not often
2) Excuse me, do you have the right time? I have a job interview at 9 o’clock and I really want to get there on time.the right time = at the planned time; on time = neither late nor early
3 ) I prefer to shop online to avoid the crowds and save time.
4) He can get a bit bad-tempered at times.at times = occasionally
5) By the time we get home this pizza will be cold!
6 ) I arrived just in time to watch a spectacular sunset.in time = with enough time to spare; before the last moment
7 ) I ordered a book for my sister’s birthday, but it took so long to get delivered that it missed her birthday.NOT
so long time
8 ) Every time I go to the library, I lose track of time. Once, I stayed there for 6 hours!lose track of time = to be unaware of what time it is
9) Going to university is now very expensive, and looking for the right course can be very time-consuming.time-consuming = taking a lot of or too much time
10) If you get up very early, you can take your time getting ready and may even have enough time to cook a proper breakfast.take your time = to not hurry
11) After school, I would spend time with my family, rather than hanging out with friends.https://asielts.com/